Last Updated on July 1, 2021 by Ope Quadri
A few years ago, the Federal Government rolled out several loans to support small businesses across Nigeria. One of the fundings could only be accessible by SME owners who belong to cooperative society in their state of residence.
In order to protect the interest of business owners and have access to loan facility among other benefits, the National Association of Small and Medium Enterprises (NASME) was founded.
With its Lagos secretariate at Computer Village, Ikeja, NASME now has a zonal office at Lekki to cater for members on that axis.
In a communique by the association, NASME Lekki zonal meeting will be held every month at RMRDC House, Plot 13 & 14 Victoria Arobieke street Lekki Phase 1, Off Admiralty Way, Lekki, Lagos State.
Its June meeting which held on Thursday, June 17, 2021, where members showcased the samples of their products and fliers, was also witnessed by members.
The next meeting holds by the 3rd week of July 2021 at the same venue by 11 AM.
So if you’re on the Lekki axis, here are some of the reasons you should join the register as NASME member
Benefits of NASME
- Support business to attain various government agencies certification
- Marketing of members’ products and services on NASME various platforms
- Business networking and advocacy
- Access to information on investment opportunities and market updates.
- As a member, you’ll have access to a free business clinic where solutions will be provided to some of the challenges you face as you make effort to grow your business
- Access to business financing
- Participation in business linkage with a large organization
- Export promotion services
- That’s not all, when you join the NASME Lagos Coop, you get access to monthly savings plan to grow your business
- Access to loan facility with low interest
- Acquire equipment to upgrade your business
- Access to cooperative land for members and access to business support among others.
While NASME came into being in 1996 as a Business membership organization (BMO) to coordinate and promote the growth and development of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME), NASME Lagos Multi-Purpose Cooperative Society was set up in 2013. Called NASME Lagos Coop, it is an alternative finance window to members.
Are you ready to be registered as a member?
To enjoy all the benefits listed above, you need to be a registered member. NASME membership is in three categories :
- Micro (registered as Business venture or enterprise)
- Small (registered as a limited liability company with less than 50 staff strength)
- Medium (registered as a limited liability company with 50 and above staff strength)
- Micro: N5,000
- Small: N10,000
- Medium: N20,000
NASME State Offices And Addresses
The National Association of Small and Medium Enterprises has states chapters spread across Nigeria. See the state and zonal offices below:
|Lekki zonal office||RMRDC House, Plot 13 & 14 Victoria Arobieke street Lekki phase 1 off admiralty way Lekki Lagos|
|Cross River||c/o 12, Bateba Street, Calabar, Cross Rivers State.|
|Bayelsa||Atlantic Distillers Limited KM 24, Yenegoa/Mbiama, Road Yenegoa, Balyesa State|
|Abia||32, Umuode Road, Off 240/242 Faulks Road, Aba, Abia State|
|Ogun State||1st Floor, Parastatal Building, After Internal Revenue, Oke – Mosan, Abeokuta, Ogun State.|
|Sokoto||No 68, Bado Quarters, Sokoto, Sokoto State.|
|Ondo||Work Station, Suite 8 & 9, Akure Shopping Complex, Ado / Owo Road, Akure, Ondo State.|
|Abuja||Room 307 & 308, Block D, Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment, Old Federal Secretariat, Area 1, Garki, Abuja.|
|Bauchi||Zamani Pharmacy, Federal Low Cost, Bauchi & Zamani Pharmacy, Ran Road Bauchi. P.O. Box 1344, Bauchi State|
|Osun||KM2, Gbongan Road, Raji Kolade Complex (Middle floor), Adjacent Ogo-Oluwa Petrol Station, Osogbo, Osun State.|
|Anambra||Plot 205, Commissioners Quarters, Awka, Anambra State|
|EEbonyi||62 Enugu Road, Kpirikpiri, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State|
|Lagos State Chapter||5, Olaide Tomori Street, Off Simbiat Abiola Way, Ikeja, Lagos|
|Benue||Orbit House, Plot 6875, David Mark Bye Pass, Makurdi, Benue State.|
|Enugu||c/o Multicomm Limited 14, Chime Avenue, New Haven, Enugu, Enugu State.|
|Gombe||No 2, Opposite Mr. Biggs, Cikasoro Stores, Gombe State.|
|Kaduna||8th Floor, Nagwamatse House, Ahmadu Bello Way, Kaduna|
|Nasarawa State||Light House Resort, Akwanga Nasarawa State.|
|Ekiti||Tolupakad Building 60, University Hospital Rd Ado- Ekiti|
|Imo||32, Alaenyi Street, Owerri, Imo State|
|Kano||172, Mission Road, Bompai, GRA, Opposite W. J. Bush Kano|
|Oyo||Block C, Rooms 5 & 6, Permanent Trade Fair Complex, Expoyo Complex, Sango, Ibadan, Oyo State.|
|Katsina||45, Yahaya Madaki Way, Katsina, Katsina State|
|Plateau||ITF Office Complex, Miango Road, Jos, Plateau State.|
|Rivers||7B, Woji Estate Road, Suite 40, 2nd Floor, Woji, Port Harcourt, River State.|
Do own a business or products? I’m sure you don’t want to miss the benefits of becoming a member of NASME in your state.