Between NGN250,000 to NGN3 million would be given to 10,000 successful applicants for the Nigeria Youth Investment Fund (NYIF), a credit facility by the Federal Government.
What business can I do with little money?
Presentation of winner’s prize holds on Monday, October 4, 2021, beginning from 3PM.
Here is the breakdown of what Whitemoney goes home with:
- Cash Prize of N30,000,000
- A 2-bedroom flat from Renovation Plus
- Innoson IVM G40 worth N20,000,000
- Cryptocurrency cash prize in Patricia Wallet by Patricia
- Cash in Abeg Wallet
- A weekend getaway to Seychelles courtesy Diageo
- Pepsi supply for 1 year + merchandise
- Packs of Munch It and merchandise
- Tecno Products
- Tecno Phantom X mobile phone
- WAW Detergent Cartoons.
- Hawaii Soap products.
- And other consolation prizes
- Arla makers of Dano will provide cartons of Dairy products
- TravelBeta travel package for two (a trip for two to Dubai, including Airport Transfer
Earlier, four out of the six housemates Emmanuel, Angel, Cross and Pere were evicted, leaving Liquorose or Whitemoney to walk home with the huge sum
While 16 names were unveiled in September, two more applicants Osasere Agbonile and Odudu Otu were voted in by viewers, to make 18 in all. The new contestants emerged successful after over 12,000 fans voted in the online poll that saw another two eliminated. One of them will be added to the list of past winners of GUS by December, 19 when the show comes to end.
The 2021 edition of the TV reality show is in its 12th series which is themed, “The Age of Craftsmanship” had screening in Abuja, Enugu, and Lagos before the organisers came up with 20 names, while 16 of them will go straight to the jungle, four are wild cards. This show which started in 2004 is sponsored by the Nigerian Breweries Plc
Time and Channels To Watch Gulder Ultimate Search
The TV reality show will air twice a week from October 16 to Sunday, December 19, 2021.
The following channels will air the show:
- DStv channel 151 (Africa Magic Showcase),
- DStv channel 153 (Africa Magic Urban)
- DStv channel 154 (Africa Magic Family)
- GOtv channel 2 (Africa Magic Family)
Days: Saturdays and Sundays
Time: From 8PM (20:00) to 9 PM (21:00)
In our September 2 application report, we told you about the application process which closed on September 8, 2021.
The show which is in its 12 edition will be hosted by an ace actor Kunle Remi.
- Number of applications: 20,000
- Number of contestants: 18
- Number of wild cards: 4
- Host: Gideon Okeke
- Taskmaster: Kunle Remi
The name of the 18 contestants are:
|Emiola Michael Tosin||33 years old||Civil Servant|
|Chidinma Okeibe||29 years old||Profession Assistant|
|Damilola Odedina||25 years old||Cinematographer and video editor|
|Solomon Yankari||26 years old||Personal trainer|
|Opeyemi Solomon Ishmael||35 years old||IT expert|
|Umorean Iniabasi||26-year-old||Singer and music producer|
|Jennifer Okori||22 years old||Philosophy Student at Delsu|
|Olayinka Omeya||26-year-old||Music artiste|
|Adewale Adedamola Johnson||26-years-old||Film maker|
|Emmanuel Nnebe||30-year-old||Model and actor|
|Mfon Mikel Esin||27-year-old||Freelance writer|
|Tobechukwu Okoye||26 years old||car tracker installer|
|Omokhafe Racheal Bello||34-year-old||Real Estate broker|
|Estima Francis Edem||24-year-old||Hostess|
|Gerald Oghenemega Odeka||35-year-old||Athlete|
17) Osasere Agbonile: 32-year-old fitness trainer and model
18) Odudu Otu: 22-year-old athlete
Names of the four wild cards are:
- Samson Abah (eliminated via online vote)
- Odudu Otu (31.5%)
- Shalom Omoikhudu (eliminated via online vote)
- Osasere Ogbanile (35.1%)
According to the host of show, one of the wild cards would be returned based on the viewers’ votes.
Below is a brief profile of the 16 contestants that will hit the jungle:
The charming and boldly-built Racheal may look younger, the real estate broker is 34 years old. She attended the prestigious Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State, where she bagged a degree in microbiology.
Apart from being a realtor, she also the Chief Executive Officer of a soap brand and dreams of having one of the largest cosmetic business and poultry farm if she is able to proof other men in the tv reality show wrong that she can do it.
Emiola Michael Tosin
- Application opening date: September 6, 2021
- Application closing date: October 20, 2021
In partnership with the European Union (EU) and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Buhari said:
Little did we know that the sponsors of the show Nigerian Breweries Plc were warming up to hit the jungle yet again for one of the most reality tv shows ever to come out of Nigeria.
The good news is that Gulder Ultimate Search is back with another valour of excitement spirit of sportsmanship which the past 11 series were known for.
Announcing its historic comeback, Nigerian Breweries (NB) Plc officially announced that the 2021 edition will be themed “The Age of Craftsmanship”.
GUS which borders on the survival instincts started in 2004 and ran for 11 seasons before it went solo in 2016.
Below is a list of major key things you need to know about GUS2021 before you head straight to the online application portal to submit interest in participation.
- 2021 Theme: The Age of Craftsmanship
- Application opening date: September 1, 2021
- Application Closing date: September 8, 2021
- First screening date: September 13, 2021
- Venue of first screening: Abuja and Enugu
- Final screening and selection date: September 16 & 17, 2021
- Final screening and selection Venue: Lagos, Nigeria
- Jungle kickoff date: October 16, 2021
- Closing date: December 19, 2021
- Number of finalists: 18
- GUS2021 Host: Kunle Remi
- Sponsors: Nigerian Breweries Plc
- Series: 12
- Previous host: 1) Chidi Mokeme and 2) Bob Manuel-Udokwu
- Total Prize: N50,000,000
Breakdown of prize:
- Cash: N20,000,000
- Brand new Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV)
- Other gifts
- Applicant must be between 21 years to 35 years of age
- Applicant must be a Nigerian
- Your Biodata
- Ready to take an aptitude test
- Get ready a recent half-frame picture of yourself which must be against a plain black background
- Prepare 1-minute video clip of yourself and state why you should participate in GUS2021
- The video should not be more than 20MB
- Show your fitness level in the video clip
- Head straight to https://www.gulderultimatesearch.ng
- Enter your date of birth
- Click next to proceed
- Read the 25 terms and conditions, if you agree by the T&C, mark as agree and continue
- Click “Begin your adventure” and proceed
- The first page contains details about you, so tell us about yourself”
- The second page contains information like: gender, marital status, home address, LGA, phone number of next-of-kin and click next
- Answer the five registration questions
Registration questions you’d be required to answer are:
- How often do you drink beer?
- Do you have any bias against alcohol?
- Are you a student and/or working?
- Have you taken the COVID-19 Vaccine?
- What are your hobbies?
- After answering the aforementioned questions, proceed to the brain teaser page
Called TikTok video resumes, you are invited to check through job listings and summarise in a short video why you believe that you are the perfect person for the job.
If the TikTok video resume is yet to be available in your country, you can check the HR-certified CV format at: https://infomediang.com/latest-cv-format-in-nigeria
Is the feature available in my country?
At the time of this report, TikTok Resumes is only available in the United States. It started accepting video resumes for U.S. job openings from July 7 and it will through July 31, 2021
Its success in the U.S. may see the feature penetrate the United Kingdom, Canada, and other countries around the world where video-sharing social media is popular.
In a release the TikTok says:
“We’re teaming up with select companies and inviting job seekers to apply for entry-level to experienced positions with some of the world’s most sought-after employers, including Chipotle, Target, WWE, Alo Yoga, Shopify, Contra, Movers+Shakers, and many more, with a TikTok video resume.”
It encouraged interested candidates to creatively showcase their skillsets and experiences, using the hashtag #TikTokResumes in their caption when publishing their video resume to TikTok.
Reasons for the launch
When it comes to job search, your CV is as important as your academic qualifications, through your CV, you create an impression.
If video resumes is your choice, then you should sign on TikTok, a social media video-sharing platform to pitch your CV in a short video to employers, tips on how to get this done are available at: https://infomediang.com/tiktok-video-resumes
What is a CV?
Curriculum Vitae, CV short, is a personal marketing document that tells potential employers about your professional history, your skills, your abilities and achievements.
Above all, your CV “should highlight why you’re the best person for the job.”
Your first contact with your prospective employers is your CV, sometimes you’re required to accomplish your CV with a cover letter and a completed application form, we’ll come back to that later.
Please NEVER send or submit the screenshot of your CV to your potential employer, it’s unprofessional.
Current CV format in Nigeria: What should you include in your own.
- Contact details
- Professional title
- Personal Statement
- Employment history
- Hobbies & Interests
In Nigeria, there are different types of CVs, each for a specific purpose. Most of the Nigerian institutions specify the kind of CV they want, giving you a sample. In that case, you just have to follow the instructions.
However, private companies are the most dynamic sectors that respond to change quickly, as such you have to use a standard CV that gets an interview invitation.
Here are some of the things to include in your CV:
Name, professional title and contact details
According to CV Library, the first part of your CV should contain your name, professional title and contact details.
What not to include in the title of your CV:
“Under no circumstances should you title your CV with ‘curriculum vitae’ or ‘CV’ as it’s a waste of valuable space. Treat your name as the title instead,” human resource expert said.
For your contact details, your email address and phone number(s) are essential. You include your full address or simply state your town and country.
A personal statement, also known as a personal profile, career objective or professional profile, is “a short paragraph that sits just underneath your name and contact details giving prospective employers an overview of who you are and what you’re all about.”
In the latest CV format in Nigeria, it’s advised that you tailor your personal statement to every job you apply for, “highlighting specific qualities that match you to the role.”
Make it short and catchy with few sentences by addressing the following:
- Who are you?
- What can you offer the company?
- What are your career goals?
How to write a Captivating CV Personal Statement
Your CV personal statement is a great way to give your job application extra touch and flesh. We’ll show you how to write a professional profile.
A personal statement, also known as professional profile, personal profile, or career objective is “a short paragraph that sits just underneath your name and contact details giving prospective employers an overview of who you are and what you’re all about,” CV Library
Creating a special section for the personal statement is one of the ways to get the attention of your prospective employer as to what you’ve got to offer, the value that makes you employable.
In this post, let’s look at how precisely to write a personal statement.
One of the beneficiaries of the NEDC said the ICT training has helped in expanding her business.
What is Green Stimulus?
The program is a part of the Economic Sustainability Programme of the APC-led government and implemented by FMYSD.
Green Stimulus is designed to develop a new breed of trained technicians with basic and advanced knowledge in renewable energy and smart agriculture.
The program is divided into two major areas:
The ministry of youth and sports made this known in a tweet that applicants with the best innovative business ideas will be receiving a whopping N2 million in cash to start up and continue in current business operations.
Youth Programme: I-Novate
Application date: February 14, 2021
In a tweet, it said, “The Nigeria Youth Investment Fund (NYIF), being implemented by Ministry of Youth and Sport, has successfully completed its pilot disbursement of loans totalling N165,700,000 to 239 beneficiaries ahead of the processing of the over three million applications so far received.”
If you applied for the NYIF, but yet to get feedback on your loan application? Don’t worry you can make the list of the second batch as we’ll be telling you what you need to do right.
The idea was developed by the minister Sunday Dare and his team. The template was presented before the Federal Executive Council (FEC) in July 2020 in Abuja.
What To Do If Your Loan Application Was Not Successful
The six geopolitical phone numbers of NYIF officials were released for intending applicants to get call and more details on how to benefit from the programme.
Bashir Ahmad, the Personal Assistant on New Media to President Muhammadu Buhari released the contact details across the six geopolitical zones a few minutes ago on his Twitter page.
Phone Numbers of Nigeria Youth Investment Fund Officials
Not just that, you also stand a chance to gains access to services and training worth $25,000.
This is a grant you don’t want to miss!
Application closing date: January 31, 2021
Worth of Free Service: $25,000
Who can apply: Anyone with tech start-ups with solutions
Sponsors: Access Bank, Lagos State, and Africa Fintech Foundry
Africa Fintech Foundry is a hub of innovation for tech investors and startups. It offers linkages for tech startups looking for funding and mentorships.
What’s the programme about?
The Africa Fintech Foundry Accelerator Program supports fintech ideas in that provide solutions in the following areas: medtech, agritech, and healthtech
The fake application portal with the domain name assistnigeria.org claimed to assist small business owners with funds.
The ministry in a tweet warns Nigerians that assistnigeria.org is fake and isn’t affiliated to the ministry.
A check on the portal shows that an online application form was uploaded for applicants to fill in their details including their full names, phone numbers passport photo, and bank account details.
The 2-page website has no contact details not about us page, however, it uses the logo of the ministry of humanitarian affairs.
Using logo of another body or person is one of the ploys used by online scammers known as Yahoo Boys in Nigeria.
What assistnigeria.org promised
The fake portal promised businesses and students financial assistance to boost their businesses so as to mitigate the impact of the coronavirus pandemic.
Why you should be careful
The brains behind the fake application portal are strategic. They launched the portal at a time millions of Nigerians are dare need of financial assistance.
You are advised to steer clear of the portal and the ministry has distanced itself from it.
What they are capable of doing
- Sponsor: United Nations Alliance of Civilization (UNAOC)
- Application deadline: January 31, 2021
- Who Can Apply: Registered youth-led organisations
- Countries that can apply: 91 globally
- Grant: USD 25, 000
The Youth Solidarity Fund has been consistent since its promotion of youth-centred programmes every year by granting $25, 000 to such organisation to complement their efforts.
The application which started late last year is still on and the UN Alliance of Civilizations is inviting youth-led organizations to apply for the Youth Solidarity Fund, which will award seed funding for the implementation of selected projects.
Who can apply for the UNAOC Youth Solidarity Fund?
Youth-led organizations registered and/or operational in Nigeria or one of the 91 eligible countries;
CAC-Registered youth-led organizations with projects entirely developed and managed by youth and for the benefit of youth in Nigeria or any of the underlisted countries.
Proposals must come from a coalition of youth organizations from these 91 countries:
- Burkina Faso
- Republic of Cabo Verde
- Kingdom of Cambodia
- Central African Republic
- Republic of Chad
- Union of the Comoros
- Republic of the Congo
- Republic of Cote d’Ivoire
- Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Republic of Djibouti
- Republic of Benin
- Kingdom of Bhutan
- Republic of Indonesia
- Islamic Republic of Iran
- Republic of Iraq
- State of Israel
- Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
- Republic of Kazakhstan
- Kyrgyz Republic
- Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- Republic of Lebanon
- Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- State of Eritrea
- Kingdom of Eswatini
- Gabonese Republic
- Islamic Republic of the Gambia
- Republic of Guinea
- Republic of Guinea-Bissau
- Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal
- Republic of the Niger
- State of Palestine
- Democratic Republic of Sao Tome and Principe
- Republic of Seychelles
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Republic of Sudan
- Syrian Arab Republic
- Republic of Tajikistan
- Kingdom of Thailand
- Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste
- Socialist Republic of Viet Nam
- Kingdom of Lesotho
- Republic of Maldives
- Republic of Mauritius
- Kingdom of Morocco
Type of projects:
Funding is provided for youth with outstanding projects with a fantastic plan which must focus on the following:
1) The projects must support the implementation of the United Nations Secretary-General’s Plan of Action to Prevent Violent Extremism by promoting intercultural and interfaith dialogue as a prevention tool;
2) The projects must support the implementation of the United Nations Security Council Resolution
3) They must support the implementation of the United Nations Comprehensive Response to COVID-19
4) Projects must support the implementation of the UN Strategy and Plan of Action on Hate Speech by addressing the issues and their impact on young people.
5) Projects must support the implementation of the UN’s Plan of Action to Safeguard Religious Sites by promoting respect for other religions and cultures
Other requirements for the Youth Solidarity Fund
Applications are made through TEFConnect, the digital networking hub for the African entrepreneurship ecosystem, created by the foundation.
Sponsored by one of Africa’s biggest philanthropists Tony Elumelu, TEF Entrepreneurship Programme is open to entrepreneurs from across Africa while there are also other funding for business owners in Nigeria.
It welcomes applications from either with new startup ideas or existing businesses of less than three years existence, operating in any sector.
In 2021 as usual, successful applicants will join the over 9,000 current beneficiaries, from 54 African countries, and receive business training, mentoring, a non-refundable $5,000 of seed capital and global networking opportunities.
In 2019, the foundation received about 216,000 applications, with 42 per cent coming from women entrepreneurs, from across African countries.
TEF is a 10-year, $100 million commitment to identify, train, mentor and fund 10,000 young African entrepreneurs.
Goal of TEF